Monday 18 June 2012

Best Movie Ever? Has Oldboy been dethroned?

剥き出し
(Ai no Mukidashi aka Love Exposure)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1128075/

I will not spoil anything.

You can watch the entire thing on youtube here:
1)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8D31A2B2149DEE3C&feature=plcp
Highest quality I could find, but is missing the 1st part.
2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JdJ98RrOQ&feature=related
Watch the first 10-15 min here.




If you've ever heard me talk about movies, I'm sure you'll know that Oldboy is far and away my favorite movie ever. Untill a few months ago, when I saw Nae Meorisokui Jiwoogae(A Moment to Remember) nothing even came close. I HIGHLY recommend checking out both of those movies. Those'll be 2x2 hours you won't regret.

Then yesterday the day I thought would never come, came a 2nd time. I saw a movie I liked just as much as Oldboy. This time it was 剥き出し(Ai no Mukidashi aka Love Exposure). For the record it's impossible to say for both A Moment to Remember and Love Exposure, exactly how I rank them compared to Oldboy. This is because I've seen Oldboy 5 times and both of those other movies only once so far. While I liked both of them better than Oldboy if you compare all their first viewings, Oldboy started to be truly epic on repeated viewings, so we'll have to see how I like the other two when I watch them a couple more times. Both of them are very promising though, especially Love Exposure.


The most impressive thing about Love Exposure that I can talk about without spoiling anything is the range of emotions it made me go through. Most movies don't even truly pull a single emotion out of me, whereas good ones manage to pull one out. There's very few that make me really experience more than one emotion. It reminded me of La Vita e Bella(It's a Beautiful Life) in that way, which starts of very happy and funny whereas the second part is kinda dark and sad, although not as strong as the first part in my opinion. The movie that does these multiple emotions best is The Lion King. There's a lot of intensely happy songs, but also some extremely sad moments and The Lion King switches between them faster than any other movie I've ever seen.
Love Exposure also does this. Especially in the first 2 hours there's a lot of hilarious stuff and it's super funny, but especially the last hour, hour and a half gets extremely intense. There's one scene in particular that is SO wild, the only thing I can compare it to is Oldboy's final penthouse scene. Absolutely CRAZY!


You may have noticed I just said first 2 hours and last hour, hour and a half. That's right, this movie is 4 hours long. Hopefully this doesn't turn any of you of, because let me tell you, it's not 1 minute too long. I loved every minute of it and there's more than enough story to keep you interested all the way.


Let's see... what else can I say to make you watch this? Did I mention that the awesome 2nd movement of Beethoven's 7th Symphony is used a lot? Did I mention the acting's really good? Did I mention you can watch it for free on YouTube any time you like? Oh yeah, that's right. I did. Well... I can't mention much more without spoiling anything, so I suggest you just go watch this movie.


P.S. Make sure you watch Oldboy and A Moment to Remember aswell.


P.P.S. If you watch all 3 of these movies and dislike all of them... well... nvm... it ain't gonna happen anyway.


P.P.P.S. Still no poker blog. Been wanting to write about poker, but it's a hard subject right now. Probably make a smoothie blog first, because that's been long overdue. I promised some people I would nearly a year ago. It's coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment