Wednesday 22 January 2014

A Good Start to 2014

First of all, sorry that it's been a while since I posted any cool pictures in this blog. Fact is I just haven't really taken any pictures as of late, but since I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone the other week, I promise I will put forth an effort to take some pictures around Tokyo to post in this blog.

I blogged about random facts and about my 2014 goals recently, but I haven't really blogged about any specific things I've been doing, so that's what this blog is dedicated to. What the hell I've been up to. If I summed it up in 1 word 'work' it'd be quite accurate, but it wouldn't make for much of an interesting blog, so I'll expand on that 1 word a bit :)

I have definitely been very busy over the past month. I was actually quite bored for most of November and early December and spent a lot of time networking, meeting people, hanging out with friends etc, but middle-December things picked up big time and I've been extremely busy since. The most notable non-work things I've done were a karaoke party around Christmas, falling ill for nearly a week in between Christmas and new year due to a cold and falling ill for another half a week or so in January with an ear infection.

Language Link


The Language Link application's date of expected launch when development began was yesterday, the 21st of January, and we haven't launched yet. However, development completed a while ago and even most of the bug testing has finished. However some bugs remain surrounding certain Android models, which may take a little longer to fix. After all the bugs have been fixed, I will produce a little video, take screenshots and then submit it to the app store. Launch date will mostly depend on how quick we can fix those last few bugs. I don't think we'll make January, but I really hope we'll be able to launch in early February.

My work on Language Link consists partly of testing the application every time there is a new build and sending back feedback to the developer, but most of my time has been spent on the accompanying website. I've sort of soft-launched it and you can take a look around at:

http://www.languagelink.net/

You may notice that there's one bug left(list the articles based on popularity to see what I mean) that I want to get fixed before I start spreading the word about it. It's taken up quite a lot of time this month, but it's reaaaally close now.

On top of the website I've also been brainstorming a little bit about future Language Link products/services and I have a very good one on which I will get started very soon, as well as improvements for the 2nd versions of the website and application.

Qlear Entertainment


The project that I mentioned in my 2014 goals blog post that has the end goal of putting a building in Odaiba(bay area) has been renamed to Qlear Entertainment Project. I'm working together with 4 talented young individuals(and good friends) to make a name for ourselves in the entertainment industry.

This week we've started organizing a valentine's concert. Valentine is very soon and if there are any unforeseen setbacks we will not make it on time, but if that happens we will simply shift it back a little bit and organize an awesome concert in March. If we are able to pull it off for Valentine's though it will be a MASSIVE accomplishment!

After that first relatively small concert to get our feet wet we plan to organize much bigger events in Tokyo, Japan and Asia and plan to eventually become a big player in the market and leverage our position to build a building in Odaiba before the Olympics.

I've taken on the roll of manager, so I'm making sure we meet deadlines, everything runs smoothly, is well organized and so on, and I jump in whenever my help is needed somewhere. Fortunately enough I can rely on my talented friends to do a lot of work as well.

 

Fitness & Japanese


Except for the minor interruptions during the 2 periods where I was ill I've been crushing the gym pretty well. I'm in great shape and as time goes on I will improve and improve even further. This week is the last week of my breathing squat phase, which is a really fucking tough phase with sets of 20 squats with 80+ KG. Toughest exercise I've ever done. Deadlifts are going well too. I'm up to doing sets of 15 reps @ 138.5KG(300+ lbs ^_^ ), but I expect to top 140KG during my last workout of the week.

However, even though it's supposed to be really tough, my workouts are the most relaxing part of my day. There's nights where I don't sleep so well and I wake up really tired, but after I go to the gym I'm SUPER well rested and HYPER relaxed. During my workout it's no different. It's the only moment of the day my mind isn't racing with thoughts and it honestly feels like meditation. Super relaxing and right now I couldn't live without!

Japanese is going decent too. I'm too busy some days, but most days I watch some TV and I am brushing up on kanji knowledge. I want to do more reading though, so I will try and find more reading material soon. However, the fact that most Japanese books use way different (and tougher) vocabulary and kanji from what I'm used to doesn't help to make reading more interesting.

Other Stuff


Last week I got to eat Fugu for the first time and probably the last. I'm really happy I finally got a chance to try it, but to find out why I probably won't eat it again read my other blog here.

I mentioned I bought a new phone, I also bought a 13" Macbook Air, because my other laptop was too heavy and impossible to take with me around Tokyo. Haven't used it much yet, but compared to Windows it seems to have both disadvantages and advantages. Overall it seems a bit worse, but I may change my mind after using it more.


I think that about sums it up. I promise to do my best and take more pictures for my next blog! Hopefully by that time I'll have launched the application!



P.S. Awesome song:


No comments:

Post a Comment