Sunday 31 March 2013

First week in Tokyo

Life in Tokyo's definitely underway now. Been FINALLY going to the gym again regularly. I really missed that, so have basically been every day except for last Tuesday when the gym randomly closed. I'm over the initial soreness and all so now I can work really hard, just the way I like it!

Besides the gym I've been checking out a bunch more restaurants. A friend took me took a really awesome Izakaya last week and I'm pretty sure I've found my local sushi spot in Ikebukuro where I can get 8 excellent pieces of Sushi for just 525Yen during lunch. Astonishing! I'll be coming here VERY regularly.

 五百二十五円。。。すごいなあーー!!!
525 Yen.... WOOOW!!!

I've also been to a couple fun social outings including a b-day BBQ, salsa party, poker homegame and international party. My phone's randomly lost a couple of pictures, but I have this one left from the salsa party.

木曜日のサルサパーティー 
Thursday's salsa party

I had to cut out a guy in the bottom right, I think he probably hates me too much to be in the same picture as me. Better leave it at that, since it's possible he may read this blog. Nonetheless the picture is too good not to post.

Today I spent the entire day studying Japanese. Learned a bunch of new Kanji and new grammar. Very happy with the new textbook I bought in Japan. It's looking really good so far and it's really interesting studying Japanese at a more advanced level now that I've moved on past beginner/lower-intermediate textbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment