Tuesday 2 October 2012

Tokyo Sky Tree with Chinatsu

Yesterday I met up with Chinatsu, a japanese girl I've practiced talking Japanese with on Skype over the past few months. First we went to Tokyo Sky Tree, which is the tallest building in Japan. Standing about ~630 meters tall. Construction was finished sometime this summer, so she hadn't had a chance to go there yet. The waiting line was a little long(~30 minutes), but it was worth the wait. I had expected it to be pretty high, but once we got up it even higher than expected. And the observatory decks were at only 350 and 450 meters. Not even 630!
I must've shot at least 50 pictures. Here's a small selection of them.














Afterwards we went to Shibuya, checked out Yoyogi park and went to her favorite cafe. My Japanese speaking skills are getting better aswell. At the start of the day I wasn't able to speak much Japanese, but towards the end I spoke quite a lot. I guess the more comfortable you get with someone the easier it gets, because you know the other person is okay with you taking longer to finish sentences. My listening comprehension is quite terrible though and I need to work on that a lot. Hopefully that'll also get a lot better in the coming weeks.

Don't expect daily updates throughout my holiday btw. It's just that for now I'm still waking up around 5AM and being on my own there's not much to do for the first few hours so I might aswell put some pictures online. It's 5:40 now and I'm getting hungry so I'll go see if I can fetch myself some breakfast now.

In a few hours I'll meet up with a dutch guy I know who lives in Tokyo. Although I'm not sure he still speaks dutch, because I always speak english with him :). I believe we're going to a temple and eat some lunch afterwards. Should be fun!

Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment